Monday, September 28, 2009

Our Weekend

Our weekend started off with a MOPS playdate at Kids Kountry, an all wooden playground with swings, slides, and even a big sandbox. I recently joined a MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) group in Coppell. We missed the first meeting and will miss the second also, but we were able to meet a few of the moms and kids at the playground. Everyone seemed really nice and I'm looking forward to attending our first meeting....hopefully in late October.

I absolutely LOVE this picture of Madelyn. She has learned to scoot herself to the edge of the slide and start the descent by herself before I grab her hands to slide the rest of the way down. She is getting so big!

Pick me up, please!

More fun in Kid Kountry


We went to dinner at a nearby neighborhood restaurant before attending a free magic show put on by the homeowner's association.

hmmmm...what should I order?

One of the few times Madelyn has seen fire. She kept pointing at the fire pit from our table, so I took her over to have a look...where she just continued to point at it


then off to the magic show....the magician was also a ventriloquist and Madelyn liked watching the puppet (because she obviously didn't get any of the magic), and she also liked when he pulled out a balloon!


before the show started, Madelyn was entertained by the kids playing in the water fountains behind us


Madelyn playing with the train set at Barnes and Noble


Saturday we went to the State Fair of Texas! Here are Clint and Madelyn in front of Big Tex


and Madelyn rode her first carousel!!! We have been meaning to take her on the carousel at the mall, but hadn't done it yet, so we were excited for her to ride this one at the fair. She liked it for about half the ride and then was ready to get off her horse. Clint ended up just holding her while she petted some of the other horses.

then we went to a stunt dog show! Madelyn was of course interested in the dogs and kept smiling, laughing, and clapping. She also kept hitting the man in front of us (in her excitement) and he would turn around and say things like, "I know, I see the dogs too!" This thrilled Madelyn. The man had a little girl also and was a very good sport about it.

I couldn't leave the fair without a Fletcher's Corny Dog!


After the fair, we stopped by Carter's house. Madelyn and Carter went down for naps and the rest of us grilled fajitas and watched football. Then when the babies woke up, they got some good play time in before dinner.




look, the dog is over there!


Madelyn was riding Carter's car and apparently she was going too slow, so he decided to push her...too funny!

On Sunday, we didn't do anything too exciting, but we did go to the grocery store where they had this lovely display of pumpkins. We decided to take advantage of the photo opp

1 comment:

  1. She is getting so big, Lana and is still such a cutie pie. I love her brown shoes.... Avery has the same ones and we love them.

    Miss y'all

    ReplyDelete