Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Grandma and Grandpa!!

We spent the past week in Austin at my grandparents house! Clint had to go to Austin for a real estate course, so all three of us went so we could spend some time with my grandparents. My mom met us there too, and we all had lots of fun.

Madelyn just loves her great-grandfather...

she sat with him to read the morning paper...

...and with him while he checked his email. He was sweet to always open up past emails with animals to show her. It was amazing how long she would sit with him and listen about the different animals. Madelyn also loved his screensaver. It is an underwater scene with fish...she would go into his office and say "sh" (fish), but then she would always move the mouse and make it disappear!

Of course, she also had fun with great-grandma. Here she is eating a banana on the counter...which she was very excited about...I am pretty strict about only eating in her highchair, so she thought she was getting away with something!

This is my mom's dog, Maddie, sitting in my mom's lap. She is pretty old and doesn't have any teeth anymore, so sometimes her tongue hangs out :-)

Clint and I got to have dinner with Sonja one night!! She is a dear friend from UT.

My sweet friend, Melissa (also from Texas), drove all the way out to my grandparents so Madelyn and Ananda could have a playdate! Here is a pic of all four of us....Madelyn seemed like a giant compared to tiny Ananda...

My mom with the girls. Madelyn was very gentle and sweet with Ananda...

...and even leaned in for a hug. When she did, Ananda rested her head on top of Madelyn's. I didn't get a great shot of it, but it was SO cute!

Here I am with the precious baby

A huge thanks to my grandparents for having us there all week. We had fun!!! Thanks also for making my birthday special...Grandma made my favorite cake!

quick video of M with Grandpa then Grandma...


On our way back to Dallas, we met Clint's mom in Waco. Madelyn was excited to see her Nana! We hung out at a bookstore for a while, grabbed a quick dinner, then headed home. Thanks for meeting us in Waco Shelley!


these were taken when we got back home. Madelyn loves to get up on our bed (especially with Daddy) and play under the sheets. I love to hear her laugh and laugh as they play peek-a-boo and Clint smothers her with a pillow!



2 comments:

  1. What adorable pics, Lana! I'm so sad that we (well, I!) missed you guys this time. I love the photo of you, Melissa, and the girls. Talk to you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome to know that I missed your birthday...what a friend I am! :( Thank you so much for the CD of Madelyn's favorite hits! Blythe loves them! I love the pics of her under the sheets!

    ReplyDelete