Wednesday, September 28, 2011

COLORADO!

Finally getting the Colorado post up...this is actually from August! We went to visit my Aunt Marie, Uncle Rex, cousin Heather, and her husband, Jake! My mom met us there too, and we had tons of fun!

on the plane...
We went hiking in Rocky Mountain National Park! It was beautiful! the pics are kind of out of order, but I figured it would take too long to get them right...

The four of us consumed a lot of ice cream during the visit :) This place was neat and I thought picture worthy, though we're not holding any ice cream...
We hiked up to a waterfall which was amazingly gorgeous! Clint and Jake decided to jump across the rocks to the other side...it doesn't look like much in the picture, but it was actually quite dangerous. Jake said it was a calculated risk...whatever that means!...boys :)
Walking around the town of Golden...
Madelyn and Mema! Mom, you are going to want a copy of this one...
more hiking...


picnic on a rock...
Madelyn climbed to the top of the rock and told us she had climbed the mountain, then she showed us her muscles :) Clint and Jake imitated her from the other side of the waterfall...


the whole gang!

a few back exercises before bed...
We went to Tiny Town, where everything is miniature...



and rode the train there...

Red Rocks...
Red Rocks Amphitheater....I am not much for concerts, but it would be awesome to experience one here...

such a ham...
Madelyn's first time to not sleep in a pack 'n play while out of town. I know, she is almost 3, but I like her contained ;) She did surprisingly well on the floor and has slept there many times since on other trips. Side note: she is still in a crib at home. Call me crazy, but she loves her bed, so why would I change it? Please do not mention to her that she could just climb right out ;)

M and Jake at brunch...
Madelyn wanted to pull Mema's suitcase through the airport. It was as big as she is and I'm sure weighed more...
Thanks Aunt Marie and Uncle Rex for hosting us and taking us on such wonderful outings! And thanks to my mom for keeping M part of the time so Clint and I could hang out with Heather and Jake!!

No comments:

Post a Comment