Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Labor Day

We spent an extra long Labor Day weekend in Lubbock. It included several "firsts" for Madelyn!

We had a cook out in my parents backyard and cooked hot dogs and s'mores over a fire pit! 


And Madelyn spent her FIRST night in a tent! She was so excited that she didn't go to sleep until after 11 and was up and ready to go by 6 am! She and my dad were a little tired the next day! 




And she shot her FIRST bebe gun! I was assured there was a lesson in gun safety first! Thanks to Clint for taking some pics...I wasn't there...my mom and I opted for pedicures instead :)



We also went to the first Tech game of the season. Madelyn and Claire made friendship bracelets at the tail gate!
 yum! dinner!


And Madelyn went on her FIRST hunt! dove hunting! Again, I took no part in this, but was glad to see the pics! My dad said she had to be ready by 6:30 am. What?!? (Can you tell there was not a lot of sleeping on this trip?)
They first stopped for the essentials...breakfast tacos, donuts, and chocolate milk!
 Madelyn with her ear protectors!


Doesn't Madelyn look cute in ALL the camo gear my dad had ready for her? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment