Monday, June 1, 2009

Auntie Katie

Katie was here with us this weekend! Katie and I lived together in college and she was one of my bridesmaids. This is the second time she has come from Houston to see Madelyn...isn't she sweet? We will have to bring Madelyn to her next time. Katie brought Madelyn the adorable monkey hat in the pictures below...thanks! She also brought a cuddly lamb puppet, but those pics didn't turn out as well.


I picked Katie up from the airport on Friday and Clint stayed home with Madelyn so we could go out to dinner. We sat outside and enjoyed fajitas and ritas while catching up! The guy that took this picture said it looked like I had dip in my mouth...no, I haven't picked up any bad habits...it's just a Jolly Rancher from the restaurant.
Saturday we took Madelyn to the pool! Sorry there are so many pictures, but it was her first time after all, and all firsts must be adequately documented.

Chicken fight, anyone?



I can swim!


















Saturday night we all went out to dinner...

...and stayed out past Madelyn's bedtime. She was so tired, she started sucking her thumb right there in the highchair. She was a trooper though...she stayed happy all weekend despite the lack of naps and late bedtime. We listened to live music from the restaurant patio and Madelyn even joined the band...banging a spoon on our metal table, over and over and over! It was quite amusing (to us anyway...not sure what the people around us thought).

After I took Katie to the airport on Sunday, Clint and I went back to the pool with Madelyn. She will only stay in her pool float for a short time in the water but enjoyed it very much on dry land.

2 comments:

  1. That monkey hat is awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where did you get the pool float...I love all these things...keep me up to date where you get these things...Blythe just wants to be as cute a Madelyn!

    ReplyDelete