Our good friends Jen and Gui Vieiro were in Dallas this weekend visiting family, so they came to see us for a bit on Sunday! They live in Austin and have seen Madelyn a few times now. They found that she had changed a lot and really grown up...more like a little girl now. I met Jen at UT...we were in the same sorority....and the four of us have been friends for years now. We often took turns having the other couple over for dinner...when we lived in Austin that is. They are the kind of people who you can sit around talking with for hours...they are very sweet and genuinely care about what is going on in our lives. We have really missed them since we moved away and it was great to spend some time with them.
I love Uncle Gui and Aunt Jen!!! They brought me a new book called "Peek-a-Who?" I have already read it dozens of times! Thanks!
Today we spent time with another friend, Cristina. Cristina is a friend from graduate school who also lives in Dallas...though I had not seen her since Madelyn was born until we had lunch the other day....we really need to be better about keeping in touch! It should be easier now...Cristina is a teacher so she is out for her summer break. She went with us to story time today and did all the interactive songs with Madelyn. It was kind of neat for me to be able to watch all of Madelyn's excited expressions since she was on somebody else's lap.

Jordan and Carter met us there too. We all met in the food court for our ritual of Chick-fil-A before story time. And then we were pleasantly surprised to see a friend from playgroup there too. The above pic is Carter, Madelyn and Hudson...all wearing matching yellow outfits!


cuteness! I love that they matched!
ReplyDelete