...goes on the blog!
Clint and I had a wonderful time in Vegas. We, of course, missed Madelyn and thought of her often, but we knew she was in good hands, and it was great to get away for a few days! We spent part of our time relaxing by the pool and drinking pina coladas but still managed to come home very tired.
our hotel
We went to Siegfried and Roy's Secret Gardens at The Mirage. We brought Madelyn back a little lion and tiger.


I love Cirque du Soleil, so we couldn't miss "O". There are several Cirque shows in Vegas, but "O" has the honorable title of the "best show in Vegas", so we decided on that one. It was fabulous! Again, we brought Madelyn a Cirque t-shirt. I am aware that she would not have known the difference, but like I said, she was always on our minds. Here we are in front of the theatre at the Bellagio
Outside the Bellagio, you can see across the famous fountain to the Eiffel Tower at the Paris hotel. We watched the fountain show twice...once during the day and once at night. I was very excited to see the fountain show in person...it is always in movies...and it did not disappoint. I actually preferred the daytime show better, but I think only because it was set to a more entertaining song.

This is inside the Bellagio...in the lobby. It was very impressive. I really loved our hotel, but if we stay somewhere different next time, this is my choice!

More pictures with the Eiffel Tower...while waiting on the fountain show to start.

And finally, you can't go to Vegas and not gamble! We basically only played Blackjack (except for the occasional quarter slots), and didn't come away with any huge winnings, but I think we about broke even, so I consider that doing pretty well. Here are some casino shots...
We walked through many of the hotels and their casinos and shops...one being Caesars Palace

Here is kind of the random collage...

This is inside the Bellagio...in the lobby. It was very impressive. I really loved our hotel, but if we stay somewhere different next time, this is my choice!

More pictures with the Eiffel Tower...while waiting on the fountain show to start.

And finally, you can't go to Vegas and not gamble! We basically only played Blackjack (except for the occasional quarter slots), and didn't come away with any huge winnings, but I think we about broke even, so I consider that doing pretty well. Here are some casino shots...

We walked through many of the hotels and their casinos and shops...one being Caesars Palace

Here is kind of the random collage...
The bodies exhibit at the Luxor was slightly disturbing but very fascinating at the same time. There are real bodies, preserved, and cut open to show different parts. One body shows the muscles, another one the bones, another the arteries, and so on. The disturbing part was the room with embryos and fetuses. They were a little hard to look at, but we learned a ton from that section of the exhibit. At the end, I touched a brain and the lung of a smoker.
Also the Venetian where they have the gondola rides...the waterfall at our hotel...Clint eating a giant hamburger and drinking a Nutella milkshake with chocolate whipped cream, hazelnuts, and chocolate chips on top...and Clint standing in line for a taxi. Everyone takes taxis everywhere in Vegas, so there was always a line.



I loved looking at your pics. It looks like you had a lot of fun. You have given me hope that we can go on a vaca without the little one as well.
ReplyDeleteWhat great photos! It looks like y'all did SO much in just a short amount of time. I'm so glad you enjoyed your little get-away! And I loved the title of the post; so cute! :)
ReplyDeleteI totally forgot you went to vegas...I'm sure you can't imagine why:) I went to the Bodies exhibit when I was there and thought it was fascinating also...it was before I had Blythe, therefore I didn't have an attachment to a child yet, so I can see how the fetus room could be very disturbing...I probably wouldn't make it through without crying now...Glad you guys had fun!
ReplyDeleteI love your silver dress!!! Super cute pictures and it looks fun!
ReplyDelete