Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009

oops...forgot to publish this one....

We spent Thanksgiving in Lubbock...we were able to get away on Tuesday and stay until Sunday, so we had a nice long visit with family and friends! We had Thanksgiving lunch at my parent's house and some close family friends ate with us. The highlight of the meal (in my opinion) was the chocolate pie my dad made. I ate at least half of it by myself!

We have so much to be thankful for!!!


Madelyn and Gramma....my mom gave her this cute houndstooth dress.

she loves to go out and collect leaves...

Madelyn and Pop playing in the morning...yes, Madelyn has her shoes on over her footed pajamas...she insisted!

Madelyn and Gramma lookin' oh so stylish in their leggings and boots

me, my mom, and M

more of Madelyn in her cute Thanksgiving dress and boots...back and forth from the sandbox...she loves that thing!

Madelyn and Papa Jo...I just love the expression on her face.

We had a playdate with Keegan and Blythe! Keegan is a friend from graduate school and Blythe is her precious 8 month old daughter.

this is not the best picture, but I had to include it because this is Amy...one of my very best friends. The adorable little girl in her lap is her niece Tatum. My mom, Madelyn, and I were lucky enough to have lunch with all three Schwede girls (Erika, Amy, and Haley) and their mom! It was great to see everyone and Tatum and Madelyn got along beautifully and entertained each other at the table while we all talked. And now is the perfect time to congratulate Amy on her pregnancy!!! She looks great, and I can't wait for her to see how fun (and challenging) it is to be a mom. She will be a great mommy!!

This picture was before we left town...I guess Madelyn thought the refrigerator needed rearranging!

3 comments:

  1. oh my gosh, i am so excited that you posted the pic of you and amy, that was a total blast for me to see amy and hear the good news too!!! i am so happy for her, will you pass that on! i miss ya'll and look forward to seeing ya'll again. although, i have no idea when that'll be, especially b/c i live in l.a. now and we'll probably travel to utah to see both my parents there now, sinse my dad goes there so much! any how, we'll have to get together sooner than later!! will you tell her hi for me?? i check in on your blog so much, but i am sorry if you check on my lately, it's been so busy for me(and depressing with the move and being lonely and not knowing where or what to do), so i haven't had much time to update! but i will be better soon!! sorry for the long-winded comment! i was so thrilled to get the update, and your little m is so stink'n cute!!! take care

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will you ask your mom where she got her dress? It's really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaah, thanks Lana! We had such a good time, too. Not long enough for my liking. I just figured out how to post on your blog though. This is cool! I guess I need to figure out this blog thing sometime before May 20th!!! Love ya much, and can't wait to see you again! love, amy

    ReplyDelete