Happy Easter (a little late) from the Ivy family! We spent Easter weekend in Lubbock with our parents!
When we arrived, my dad had just gotten back in town also and emptied his ice chest. Who knew that could be so exciting!? Madelyn played in the ice for a while, she and Pop took turns throwing ice cubes, and she got her PJs all wet. Next time you are bored at home...dump out a big pile of ice!
Giddyup!!
Madelyn also enjoyed playing with my old doll and crib...she thought it was more fun to play IN the crib though...Madelyn's recipe for cupcakes...first you lay out your cupcake liners...
then pour in all the ingredients...
mix it up...
then spoon the batter into the liners...
try not to spill too much...
bake, then ice, and then the best part...the sprinkles! (Madelyn may have used the Christmas sprinkles along with the Easter sprinkles!)
finally, EAT!!! M had not had a cupcake since the couple bites she took at her birthday party. This time though, she had no trouble downing the entire thing!
Here is what we ended up with! An interesting assortment...
Papa Jo helping Madelyn eat...real food, not cupcakes :)
Amy came over for Madelyn's Easter Egg hunt, then I was lucky enough to sneak away and have a toddler-free lunch with her. We then swung by her house to see her nursery she just completed! Madelyn and I can't wait to meet baby Bliss!
After being lucky enough to have multiple egg hunts this year, Madelyn is becoming a pro hunter!





Since she was so excited about the goldfish-filled eggs at her last hunt, we decided to do that again! As you can see, she was just as excited (and hungry) the second time...
Clint will think I am a huge dork for posting this one, but I think he looks so handsome!! Love you honey!
We had a mini badmitten tournament...all of us were horrible!

Then we met Keegan and Blythe for some Easter festivities. We first saw the Easter Bunny where Blythe posed so nicely for a picture...
The peer pressure obviously did not work and M started saying no, no, no as we walked up to her. Here is the girl (bunny) trying to convince Madelyn that she was just a person inside a costume...it didn't work! Madelyn did give her a high-five though before I gave up on a picture.
Then we held live bunnies! M was much more excited about this one!
Lastly, she had her face painted again. This time a bunny, of course.

tried to get a pic of the two bunnies...
look Pop, I'm a bunny rabbit!
HAPPY EASTER!!!

then pour in all the ingredients...
mix it up...
try not to spill too much...
finally, EAT!!! M had not had a cupcake since the couple bites she took at her birthday party. This time though, she had no trouble downing the entire thing!
M and Pop

M and Gramma
Amy, Madelyn, and me
Clint will think I am a huge dork for posting this one, but I think he looks so handsome!! Love you honey!
HAPPY EASTER!!!


Ha I love Clint's rocking horse. It's so "old school" looking.
ReplyDeleteAnd the photo of M with your dad and the mixer is great!
What a fun Easter! I love, love, LOVE Madelyn's little bunny face! And Clint is lookin' quite handsome in that pic. ;)
ReplyDelete