Monday, April 13, 2009

Happy Easter!

We spent Easter with my Dad's side of the family in Sinton (near Corpus Christi). Madelyn LOVED all the attention as she was passed from person to person.


Madelyn with my cousins, Brittney and Brandy



Here she is with her Great-Granny

and Aunt Sharon

and the whole crew out to lunch



First Easter Basket!!!



She loves her new tag, I mean outfits!


cousin Major

Aunt Linda


No Easter is complete without an egg hunt for adults...here we are pushing each other out of the way to be the first out the door...all because 1 egg out of 42 has $20 in it. Yes, that's my Granny fighting to get out the door with everyone else! Imagine if there would have been a larger bill in the eggs.


No, I didn't find the egg with the money. In fact, I only found a total of 2 empty eggs. I will have to brush up on my hunting skills for next year...can't wait until Madelyn is old enough to participate! Jaime found the egg with money and I have her celebratory picture, but for some reason, it keeps coming out sideways. Oh well, I'll include it anyway.

Papa was nice enough to help Madelyn find some eggs...I love this picture


this one is special...the four generations!


The day finally came to an end with a private performance from none other than Madelyn herself. She even got to take the little piano home as long as she promised to pass it along when Mommy's cousins have babies. What? I won't always be the only baby in the family and get all the attention? I don't know how I feel about this.
All this plus Mad Gab, Catch Phrase, Granny's famous white cake, Texas pie, peach cobbler with ice cream, banana pudding, chocolate chip cookies, molasses cookies, Aunt Sharon's iced sugar cookies, and it is safe to say that a good time was had by all!

2 comments:

  1. She is such a cutie pie! Glad she had a great Easter! I've been working on taking Blythe out to eat, so we'll have to get together and have a lunch date next time you're in Lubbock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All that food makes me hungry!! I love that y'all have an adult hunt! haha See you soon!

    ReplyDelete