This weekend we went to the Museum of Nature and Science. The upstairs adult section was nothing special, but the entire bottom floor is a children's museum and pretty neat. They even have a room reserved for children 2 and under with soft mats to play on. Here is Madelyn playing in there...



The children's museum also included some glass cages with different animals in them. Here I am pointing out a...

TARANTULA to Madelyn! In an effort to not pass on my extreme arachnophobia, I pretended to not be terrified as I leaned toward the glass to show it to her. If you know me very well, you will be extremely impressed with my spider bravery here. Though as I am typing this, I can hardly look at the picture below!

Now back to the fun and less terrifying exhibits. Madelyn drove a fire truck,

played with legos


rode a horse,

petted a dog (or at least that's what she thought it was! she now says "doe" every time she sees a dog, or practically anything with four legs)

and rode a John Deere tractor!


We also went to a Frisco Roughriders baseball game! This was Madelyn's first baseball game and she did well. She of course did not care one bit about the game, but she did entertain herself by waving at anyone who walked by or even glanced in her direction. She was even on the jumbotron!!
Wow, Lana, I'm impressed about the spider! Do you remember the time you were driving and there was a spider in the car right near you?!
ReplyDeleteMadelyn looks so grown-up on the tractor, and I love the photos from the Roughriders game!