Thursday, August 27, 2009

Long Weekend in Lubbock

This weekend we had the best time in Lubbock! All 3 of us drove there on Friday, then Clint left early Monday morning and Madelyn and I flew back on Tuesday. My two very best friends from high school were in town with their husbands also (Amy actually moved back recently). I don't even know how long it had been since the three of us were together so we had to take advantage of it! Here we are at a cookout in my parent's backyard...just like the old days...my dad used to cook for everyone on Sunday nights in high school.

Matt and Rachel, Clint and I, and Amy and Clint
Ellison is Matt and Rachel's adorable little girl...they had fun in the pool together. Ellie will turn 2 in December!
I love Aunt Amy!
lots of collages because we took a ton of pictures!

This car was my cousin Alexandra's and now it is at my parents for Madelyn. This was her first time riding it and she loved it!




















Madelyn and Pop


Madelyn with Gramma and Papa Jo

















Keegan and Blythe came to visit! I had not seen Blythe since right after she was born...she has gotten so big and is so cute! She is almost 6 months old now.


Madelyn went through the doggy door...almost! She couldn't get completely out the other side and we had to help...it was hilarious though!
front view and back view


Amy's sister, Erika, has nine puppies at her house (and a toddler!)...I don't know how she does it! Rachel and I took Ellie and M over to play with Tatum and the puppies. Tatum and Ellie are almost exactly the same age and look like little twins! They all enjoyed the puppies...Tatum was a pro, picking them up and carrying them around.



We went to dinner for David's (Pop's) birthday! We won't say how old he is :-) Clint's Aunt Ann and Uncle Don joined us, along with Clint's cousin, Dan, and his wife, Sarah, and my mom. M was very excited to help him open his card!



and, one of the best and most relaxing days I've had in a long time...the girls went swimming! We stayed in the lazy river most of the time and didn't stop talking for one minute. We had a lot of catching up to do! I miss both of you soooo much already! We were able to just hang out while Madelyn and Ellie stayed back at the house with their grandmas! Thanks for babysitting!


1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the doggie door pics!! Too funny! Also, I've decided you need a bikini! You are too tiny and cute not to show it off! :) See you next week!

    ReplyDelete