Thursday, October 8, 2009

Happy 1st Birthday, Madelyn!!!

Just one short year ago, we were here...




and now we are here...

though it may look like she is picking her nose, she is actually showing that she is one!!!



I know everyone says it, but they truly grow up so fast! Madelyn has gone from completely helpless to knowing exactly what she wants (and if she could verbalize those wants, things would be less frustrating) and learning new things everyday. Clint and I have been blessed with an amazing, healthy, and beautiful daughter that keeps us laughing every day. We love you, Madelyn!!

Clint and I got her a "book corner" for her birthday! here are some more photos of the new addition to her room...













Nana came for Madelyn's birthday! She brought a giant balloon that Madelyn absolutely loved. The doorbell rang, and when we opened the door, a stuffed poodle backpack was sitting on the porch with a very large balloon attached!


Nana brought lots of other presents too...

We let Madelyn try to open all of them with little help, so it took forever...as evidenced by Clint's nap in the middle of it :-)


I think she liked her new book with a mirror...


here is Madelyn in her adorable birthday cake hat with one candle!!!

another shot of the hat!

and her birthday bib...courtesy of Aunt Nicole...thanks!

Since we are now at the 12 month mark, I thought I would share some of the things Madelyn has learned...

She knows how to say the sounds of several animals....dog, cow, snake, lion, duck

When asked how old she is, she holds up one finger...the cutest thing you have ever seen!

She says banana, uh-oh, mama, dada, dog, and of course other babblings...baba/nana/etc.

She likes to brush her own hair and attempts to put on her shoes, clothes, and bows!

Madelyn can give hugs and kisses...open mouth, so be careful!

She will point to her mouth, hair, and sometimes belly button when instucted.

She walks holding just one hand, and actually....just this morning, she took HER FIRST STEPS!!! She took about 4 steps (twice) and was on the way to falling the entire time, but it still counts! How perfect...her first steps on her first birthday!

and embarrassingly, when asked what Beyonce sings, she will say uh-oh oh-oh-oh! You know what song I am talking about, right? The sad thing is, she learned it because...for some reason...it was stuck in my head and I was singing it all the time!

I can stand all by myself!


Her birthday party is Sat...I can't wait...so more pics to come from that!

4 comments:

  1. ooohhh. I wish we could be there to see it all. Way to go on the standing and walking and all the other things she can do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. too cute! i really love her book corner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow i can't believe she is already one!
    i love her book corner, i need something like that to hold all of my magazines, ha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAPPY BIRTHDAY Madelyn!! I love her new book corner - such a teacher thing to do!

    ReplyDelete