Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween!!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Halloween. We had a really busy weekend, so I tried to pick and choose the pictures to show a bit of all of it. On Friday, Aunt Melissa (Clint's little sister) came in town and we went to a Halloween festival with the Harns.

Melissa and Madelyn
a beautiful fairy and a handsome Woody...
the fairy and her daddy...
There were tons of games and bounce houses....
Madelyn and Lincoln have this new thing of running together and then crashing onto the floor!
Melissa headed out on Sat afternoon, and the three of us went to another Halloween celebration. Our friends, Katie and Reid, were hosting their neighborhood party in their front yard. Madelyn had fun playing with Reid, Carter, and River but somehow I didn't get any pictures...probably because they don't stand still for two seconds :) She didn't wear her costume this time but opted for the pumpkin shirt and bow!

I just thought this was funny...this is Madelyn ready for bed Sat night :)
Sunday we ventured to yet another Halloween festival. They were all fun, but this one takes the prize! It was at Prestonwood Baptist Church and there was a TON of stuff to do.
Madelyn has been on the carousel at the mall, but this was a REAL carousel!! She told us she wanted to ride but we weren't sure if she would get on once it came time. So we stood in line to find out...she was a little nervous to climb on, and I (lovingly) yelled from behind the ropes "Just put her up there...she'll be fine!" And guess what...she LOVED it!
There was an entire football field devoted to pre-schoolers! Here is Madelyn playing a lawnmower game...
and a shopping game...
and sliding down a bounce house...
Then after playing a little football (she runs and Clint tackles her), she sat on the field for a while to enjoy her candy. She learned how to eat pixy stix...


When we got home, we took a few pics before it got dark...

No, this is not our house...I would never decorate with spiders :) We borrowed our neighbor's house because we didn't have any decorations!
Then we went trick-or-treating with the UPS man (Jensen from across the street). He is so sweet...he refers to Madelyn as "my best friend"
This was Madelyn's first house. I had prepped her well...she walked up and said trick-or-treat really loudly, took her candy, said thank you, and then...walked into the people's house! Oops...I guess I forgot to mention it was time to leave after that :)

thought this was really cute...
I also want to give a huge shout out to my Grandma and Aunt Nicole. They made Madelyn's whole costume!!! While the head piece never lasted on her head for too long, anyone who saw it said how gorgeous it was and how cute Madelyn looked! Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. She really is so beautiful in her fairy costume! And I totally laughed out loud about her walking into the people's house. Good to know when we prep Addison for real trick-or-treating someday. :-)

    ReplyDelete