Monday, October 11, 2010

Madelyn's 2nd Birthday!!!!

Madelyn's birthday was Friday and her party on Saturday! Her party was at a park and we had lots of fun!! Clint and I can not believe we have a 2 year old!

I'm 2!
compare to one year ago...I'm one!!

sitting at the table asking for cake before even the first guest had arrived...
the party was pink and green with monkeys! the table, the balloons, and the pinata...
Madelyn and Pop
M with Jen and Gui...thanks for coming from Austin!
Gui, Jen, Clint, Tyler, and Claire
the monkey cake!!
we're ready...
digging in!
Me with the birthday girl!
YUMMY!
My dad was amazed at how all the kiddos came together and sat nicely to sing Happy Birthday. They know how parties work...the cake and ice cream come next!!
standing in line for the pinata...
Madelyn was first! This was a no-hit pinata. Each child pulled a string until they found the "magic string" to release the candy...
Then they dove in for candy...
I want that one way over there...
Potty party in the trees! Once one child says they need to go, suddenly everyone needs to go :)
sharing candy with Lincoln...
me, Madelyn, Avery and Meg...thanks for joining us from Houston
Madelyn and Jensen...
We opened all her presents at home later, but my neighbor warned me that her present was full of confetti so we let her open that one at the end...

the party favors...monkey cookies!!

3 comments:

  1. What a cute birthday girl! Looks like a perfect celebration!
    Wish we could have been there. Happy birthday, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job for her birthday. I wish Bliss and I could have come. Everything was super cute. I love that the pinata was a no-hit one, very "non-violent provoking." I don't really know how to say that, but it's a great idea. I think the monkeys are really cute, just like her nap mat and back pack. Super cute, miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad we got to help celebrate! And, thanks for letting us use M's potty! So fun to see y'all again.

    ReplyDelete